36 (I Hope) Report Â Today was mostly spent painting various parts of the 36.Â At least I hope it was the 36.Â The last of the numbers h...
Â Today was mostly spent painting various parts of the 36.Â At least I hope it was the 36.Â The last of the numbers had mysteriously vanished, so I just had to make my best guess as to which car to work on.
Here we are looking at a second coat of brown primer on the letterboard and upper siding for the entire length of the car.Â Saturday is supposed to be even warmer, so I plan to put on a first coat of the finsih blue. Â
While I had the primer out, I also did a little work on the 319.Â Some parts of the truss rod had been cleaned off a couple of years ago, while it was in Barn 2.Â I cleaned off the surface rust with a chain and painted it with brown primer also.
And then later, I put some body filler on parts of the lower siding, and then extended the second primer for about four sectors. The details are less than exciting, but the bottom line is that it's getting closer to being completely repainted.Â The goal, of course, is to have the car completely repainted and lettered for the Trolley Pageant next year, celebrating IRM's 60th Anniversary.